View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix
I hit that board alot and haven't read that deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I can tell you one of my 04's keys the remote wouldn't work to unlock/turn off alarm several times. Kind of embarassing to be in a car with eth alarm going off until you start it! Took it in to the dealer, battery worked fine for them no problems since they took it apart.

I'll agree with you most the guys there don't do most of their own work.

Skip, if you have a new GTO, take the half hour and check it out, or at least defeat the interlock that prevent's you from removing the ignition cylinder with the key in the off position.

It is not a difficult fix once the ignition cylinder is removed, but it is impossible to remove it if you can't turn the key! I spent a total of 5 hours on this problem over 2 days before I got the thing out, then about another hour dremeling, cleaning, removing the interlock and lubing it......

Oh, and this problem caused me to miss a car show, where I would've gotten to meet Jeff Beck!

It would've been a lot less time if I didn't have to mess with trying to turn the key!

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"