View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv657172 View Post
Thanks for all the comments and ideas thus far...

Stan - the idle is 1,000 rpm

Grandam1979 - not 100% sure on crank being a 455 but will try to confirm as per 25stevem's idea but lets assume that it is

Haven't noticed any fuel starvation issues when I have run it, I have an electric pump pushing at 97 GPH (rating) and a mechanical pulling at 110 GPH so it should be consistent I would think

While the engine was run on a dyno stand before I bought the car (engine in car but no plumbing or wiring) I do not have the info as I bought from a guy flipping car from original owner/builder

In terms of carb size I wondered about it being a bit too small for 100% racing as original owner wanted to make it a street/strip car.
I would say a 750 is too small.. get a decent carb.. 850 or so...AED sells great carbs. Give them all the info u have and they will set u up...
I have an 850 pro carb of thiers... I have it apart.. gonna have them rebuild and test it.. if u don't have one to try, I'll send u this one once it's done... pm me if u want to try it.. just understand I have to have it rebuilt... may take a couple weeks..
Glad to send it to u to try when it's done. Won't be the first time I mailed out parts to try