View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
I’m using the holley 59.5 psi filter/regulator. Same concept but a beefier package to the oem type pumps.

Lots of horror stories about the factory C5 type regulators getting overpowered by more powerful fuel pumps. I have a 400 lph pump.
Yes, the 340Lph and up pumps will just crush the filter media. The C5 setup is only recommended for the 255Lph pump application which is where I'm at. This is more that adequate for the HP level (Est 400-450Hp) I am at. I think anything more would be overkill or insurance depending on your mindset.

The kid who who is going to help do this install, his dad does these installs all the time for Midwest Musclecars in Lake Zurich, IL. He uses the Sniper or Tanks, Inc. unit with the 255Lph pump or the supplied inline pump on Sniper and Fitech converted BBC applications and LS swaps of 500+Hp with no issues. He only uses the larger capacity pumps and filters for multiple throttle body applications or high HP/race applications with higher capacity (800-1500 Hp) throttle bodies.