Thread: 2021 Updates..
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Looking forward to some 1/4 mile passes, to see, "What's up".
It seems crazy that it's almost July. June 20 was the summer solstice day, most daylight of the year. Now we are going the other way. It will be a while before the difference is noticeable...
I was hoping for this weekend but the weather doesn't look good so far. Yes time goes by quickly. Our tracks have had a slow opening this year due to the Pandemic...and as always the weather never seems to co-operate.
I'm really itching to get out and test..I should have had the carb figured out last year but ran out of time last year. I believe last year if I had the carb issues figured out..it would have ran at least half a tenth quicker then its best et..maybe a tenth quicker...the mph was higher even with the carb issues.. So that will have to be taken into consideration this year if I knock a few tenths off the best et. I will have to run the carbs back to back one day this year. I know Andy and I have talked about running his big carb as well on my engine on a test day...so a 3 carb shootout may be in the works. So that would be a 950 HP Holley vs a Pro Systems 1000HP/Venom vs a Shaker prepped 1000HP Holley?

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471