Thread: 6x-4's or 8s?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Many factors come into play in regards to making the most out of any combo, and some are listed in post 28.

Another factor to consider in regards to street performance is in the compression ratio used.

The smaller the chamber the more vacuum the motor will have and that goes a long way to helping out with idle and tuning for the Cam being run.

If you not looking to get passed the 415 hp level with stock heads then I would not choose to run more then a 9.5 to 1 compression with the amount of CID your looking into running .
Steve mentioned the threshold of 415 HP. HP numbers are tossed around here, all the time. Many folks have achieved high HP numbers in their engines, many are wanting same numbers.

My point: the 400 HP level is a pretty stout running engine, nothing to sneeze at, a VERY good running engine. On paper it sound like an engine that is giving up some power in a compromise type of build, NOT really!!! 455's can easily make 500 HP, but nothing wrong with one that makes 400!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...