Thread: Body shop delay
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

More details needed. What kind of work was to be done and what kind of car? He wanted to attend POCI so I assume its a classic Pontiac. IMO, a 2 week estimate was unrealistic from the start. At the very least I would take a trip to the shop and see IF anything has been done and the state of condition of the car. It may be the guy just needs a fire lit under him to get the work finished. You need to have a face to face and see what the intentions are before you post on social media or anything else. IF the face to face is a negative result by all means have the car removed that day, in pieces or not. Then the fight over the money will start. Likewise hopefully there is a paper trail, if not GOOD LUCK!

I am in a similar situation with my motor. I dropped it off to a trusted shop that does a LOT of work for me. In January! I talked to the guy the end of Feb and at that time the block was in the "machine shop". I was in touch a couple of weeks ago checking on progress and his answer was "I need to check with the machine shop". Not what I wanted to hear. I would think a motor could be cast and made out of scrap metal in 10 months time, let alone a rebuild!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post: