View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a similar experience the other day. Guys stopped by asking to trim my trees. We agree on $1500 snd they show up to do the work (a little late but whatever) and do a good job on the trees, but the dropped a limb on my pecan tree breaking it (and probably kill it) they also broke two windows.

They didn’t want to tell their dad (the owner) they broke the windows and asked me to pay for it in exchange for more work. I agreed that they would take two big limbs off of this really tall pine tree over my house. They were coming back on Wednesday to do it.

Didn’t show Wednesday, will be there Thursday. Didn’t show Thursday will be there Monday for sure at 11:00. Didn’t show on Monday- ask if they can do it on Thursday.

I’m talking to the dad at this point. He tells me how his kids steal from him and aren’t worth a dime. He tells. E that he will be there with them on Thursday. They don’t show.

So now I am out $300 for the windows, $200 to change my flight to be home on Thursday, a pecan tree and 4 days of having to work from home. So I let them have it. I go off on the girl running the office and the dad. I tell them I am going to place an ad in our newsletter warning people not to use them. The girl in the office then blocks my number from her phone and the dads phone.

I use my daughters phone that evening to call the dad. He has his son with him and tells me that they will make this right tomorrow. I told him I just wanted my money back.

Now, I can’t let them do the work. If they are going to take down some 600 lb limbs over my house and drop it they can cause some serious damage. They have proven they don’t have a problem blocking me to avoid having to finish

They actually show up! So when they get there I grab the two big chainsaws out of the bed and take them inside. I tell them they can give me my money or their tools.

They start whining and I let them have it again. They call their dad and he says he’s on his way with some $$. Never shows. Leaves his kids to deal with it. I ended up taking some smaller saws and other equipment and let them have the big saws back and never heard from the dad.

Sounds similar to your friends dad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post: