View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah. I could write a book on what I learned about this career criminal. He nearly ruined his kid financially being a leech. It took years for the kid to get out from under the mountain of debt his father buried him. He's a great kid and loyal to a fault. He "adopted me" kind of like a surrogate dad and I like to think I helped him learn to recognize the fault lines, understand that family loyalty does not include a life of servitude and always have an exit plan.

In my dealings with his ass-clown of a father (someone I regarded as knowledgeable recommended his shop), I got the "rope-a-dope" from the guy with a half payment up front, pull the trans and disable the car, leave it sit, rinse and repeat until you run out of room for all the cars. I laugh now, but no wonder his shop looked so busy. After months of "We're going to work on it next week" I realized none of the cars in the lot ever left. The kid finally told me he calls the line of cars in the lot "death row", He told me mine is on death row but his dad likes my car so it stays inside. My car sat from July to November with no trans in it.

I just came in one day when the guy wasn't around, grabbed some tools and started working on the car myself and didn't leave until spring when I was done with all suspension and brake upgrades. He still hadn't touched the trans and rear end but his kid took care of those after hours for which I paid him in cash.

It could have gone sideways but it worked out.