View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Business owner is dying and the jackals come out!

We all have families but probably not as dysfunctional as this group. This is long, but the family dynamic is interesting.

A buddy of mine went to work for his uncle as a transmission rebuilder in a small shop. Their reputation was stellar and the owner was one of the few honest people in the business. My buddy (a 24 Y/O kid) stepped up when the owner fell ill and made the place profitable doing both the transmission building and running the front office in the owner's absence. The owner put his daughter in the office to help out but does little more than answer the phone and set up appointments.

The owner's health deteriorated rapidly with kidney and liver failure so he has been in an out of dialysis and hospital stays for about a year and decided he should sell the business and wrap up all his loose ends. He's at death's door at this moment and accepted an offer to sell the property. He's ready to close the deal before he passes..

Next thing you know, the owner's wife is suddenly interested in the business, takes over the finances and proceeds to skim the receivables and run up the company credit cards to the limit with personal purchases unknown to the owner. Now there's no money for payroll and my buddy is hurting.

Now my buddy's father (the owner's brother), a broke low-life who has had a string of his own failed transmission businesses, shows up one morning claiming he is charge and proceeds to bad mouth my buddy (his kid) in front of the owner's wife about how the kid doesn't know what he's doing or how to run a business.

This is the same guy who tried to screw me on a transmission and rear end rebuild. He pulled the same crap on me outlined in this TV news piece from years later in the link below. I convinced his kid to help me finish the car, get his tools out over the weekend, leave and look for a job where you can get paid and not have your father run up your personal charge cards with business purchases and never repay his debts (the guy actually did that to his own kid). He did one better and his uncle offered him a job at his legitimate shop.

Now the low-life shows up at his brother's shop trying to scam his way in and see how much he can steal from them and their customers. His brother has his number and even as sick as he is, told him to get out and never set foot in his business again.

What a mess.

This is the low-life right here:

https://youtu.be/LAoDesqse1o