View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff2 View Post
Put a piece of heat reflective material around the filter, you can get the embossed thin alloy sheet type that can be folded,shaped,riveted etc, or the fibreglass backed cloth type that can be made into a sock that fits over the filter. Both on ebay uk.
I used the fibreglass cloth type to shield my master cylinder from one of my turbo down pipes.
x2 on the heat wrap/shield. i use the sock/bag type on my mini starter that is close to the big 2" super comp headers & also use the fiberglass backed tape stuff on the oil filter & wrap brake & fuel lines where they pass too close for comfort to the headers. angling the filter housing is a good idea too.

although on other current & past cars with headers i have never used any type of heat protection & never noticed any overly hot oil issues after lots of years & miles. verify the oil is getting to hot before going to remote oil filters, countless pontiacs & other cars out there have headers close to oil filters & other parts without any real problems.