View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by will slow gto View Post
I purchased a 'correct' system for my 69 very similar to this one from Classic Exhaust in Ohio for around the same price. In fact, I think Classic Exhaust is where The Parts Place gets theirs from since I doubt they make their own. It was supposed to be a direct bolt in with no adjustment required, but I ended up needing to bring it to a muffler shop for a couple of tweaks. All in all, still cheaper than a Gardiner Exhaust system and overall I'm satisfied, it just wasn't as much as a deal as it seemed in the beginning. I have only heard good things (other than price) about the Gardiner Exhaust systems and several members here have reported being able to bolt them in with zero adjustments needed. I've seen photos of the great work you are putting into your Judge and I think if you can afford to pay a extra for a Gardiner system, it will be an attribute to your car. Also, I recommend doing a search on here about The Parts Place before you decide to do business with them.
I have never used parts place stuff but that sound like good advice. I have used Gardner. Absolutely perfect. No problems what so ever. For what it's worth I ordered a complete system for a 70 from inline tube about 5 weeks ago. Still haven't received it yet. I've called several times. They say they are waiting on mufflers. Not much I can do.