View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

September-1965. 4 spd-tripower 65 GTO, 3.23 gears. Cruising at about 70 on a brand new looking stretch of I-70 early morning a few miles or so west of Indianapolis. Virtually no traffic on either side. I notice a 65 Goat easing up on me. He eases up beside and we both nudge a little bit up to about 80, then we floor it, going too fast to grab gears. Anyhow, we are quickly up to about 100 with me slowly pulling him.THEN, up ahead of us in a deserted stretch of road we see a whole crew of road workers scattered about all over the road ahead of us. They see us and start scrambling off the road. We go by them at about a 100 and they were all laughing, waving and smiling. I settled down and let the Goat go on by.

Another time in 65 (same GTO). I think it was on I-66 (or whatever it was then) a few miles west of DC. In traffic I notice a couple of 65 Mustangs trying to get sorted out in traffic to have a go at each other. One had regular 289 flags, the other had hypo 289 flags. Anyhow we all got sorted out in traffic and the Mustangs let in on each other and I sorta follow along for the ride. It got up to about 90 or so and the hypo started pulling away from the other Mustang. I dumped the Goat's end carbs on the hypo and promptly put him away in my rear view mirror.