View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryrestoparts View Post
Hey Scott, any car/house updates to share? I got the new motor in mine a little over a week ago and just got done racing at Martin, MI in the FAST/Factory Stock race.
Chris -

GTO update - it continues to progress. Redline finished the gauges; not cheap, but quick turnaround. Need to purchase some tires - going with Polyglas GT's over the less expensive Wide Ovals. Darrell is about to mix up a batch of Pepper Green so he can paint the steel wheels (Pepper Green is one of the colors that got body color wheels) and mount the tires. Trans is still in purgatory; waiting for parts. Rearend will be coming together soon w/aftermarket axles, posi unit, and Fabcraft 4.33's. Interior kit has been purchased.

Rest of my cars have started or completed the migration south to Georgia. Street/strip 67 Fairlane is in storage nearby until I can clean out a spot for it in the garage. Road race 71 Javelin project is in the detached garage. 66 Fairlane GT convt is still in paint jail in NC, but progressing nicely. 69 "Big Bad Green" AMX 390/4 sp is in hiding at an undisclosed location until I can figure out how to explain to the wife that I bought another project car

House update - I've been in Columbus, GA, for 2 weeks now. Renting a recently renovated house (necessary for wife approval) with two garages (necessary for my approval) in an older subdivision in North Columbus. Won't be doing any wrenching until we get settled in; will be at least a few more weeks before that happens.

How did you do at the FAST/Factory Stock race?

Scott