View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 08:34 AM
Boost Engineer

You are correct as far as the location of given info moving a bit in the thread.
But the info is still there. Thanks Bart and PY for allowing the Sticky in the first place.

There are a lot of self taught Carb Guys out there who do quality work.

I was lucky to actually work for Holley Engineering and have access to a bunch of Technical people all in one spot.

I also was able to see how the Holley Calibrations were created on the "Air Boxes", the Dynos, and the "Road". Chuck Gulledge (RIP) was an excellent carb guy for Holley and for a few years built race carbs for people when he opened his business down south.
Holley Engineering was located in Michigan in the days when I was there.

Both of the Quick Fuel Owners came from Holley Engineering.

I could list 100 names of quality guys who worked for Holley in those days.

When Holley Engineering was split into two companies, Holley High Performance and Holley OEM Products the leadership fell apart. Borg Warner bought the OEM side of Holley and the Hot Rod side moved from Michigan down south. They went bankrupt a couple of times after that. They seem to have good management and resources today and are kicking out good products again. Two of my friends recently retired from the Old Holley (Michigan) company. Both were later Borg Warner Guys. One had 43 years playing with carbs and the other guy 41 years getting paid to do Holley/BW Testing.

The point of all of this is sometimes, depending on the management, maybe not so good decisions on how a new carb were designed and made. The old stuff was all well designed by people like Mike Urich, Al Lucas, Chuck Gulledge, and others.

The Newer Stuff came from people like Marvin Benoit, Marty Brown and David Braswell.

Just a bit of Holley History

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.