View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With no disrespect intended, simply a difference of opinion:

I think the problem is being overblown in this thread. Yes, are will be some that would not stay if the magazine went simply digital, but I really doubt it would be a significant percentage.

And unless the attitude of the current administration has changed dramatically from when I was a member, good luck on getting the issue put to the members for a legitimate vote.

I have served as a tech advisor for GTOAA for a long time, a post I also held with POCI before the great GMC disaster.

Years ago, I would average 3~4 calls weekly with carburetor questions from folks telling me they found me in the magazine.

LAST YEAR I RECEIVED A GRAND TOTAL OF ONE (1) CALL!

Folks with questions now ask those questions on one of the social media forums. So either the folks that don't have computers either have no questions, or there are not that many who do not have computers.

Those of you against the current and probably future policy could write to the administrators, but as stated earlier, unless the attitude has changed, be prepared to be ignored.

My personal solution: I have a friend who refuses to own a computer. When he wants parts, or even to buy a car, he visits, we sit down with a beverage, and I look stuff up for him. Those who know folks such as this could take the same approach.

Again, just a different opinion.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
The Following User Says Thank You to carbking For This Useful Post: