View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Pontiac Performance Author

Thanks everyone for the interest and kind thoughts.
Performer intake. I don't recall why ! The possibilities are:
1: The Engine came to us that way.
2: Mecham installed the Performer as part of the TurboForce package.
3: I just thought it was a good idea at the time.
Not all components are scientifically tested! (surprise)
BTW, we made brackets that attached the bonnet to the shaker, which allowed the shaker to look stock and shake with the engine on the TurboForce kit.
Carb. The the passage from the secondary well has a slight bend in it, and at the bend the secondary air bleed tube is positioned at the tightest part, potentially restricting flow. The amount of restriction varies carb to carb. Some limit flow , others don't. Our SS/KA Super Duty and friends SS Super Duties experienced this restriction problem. The symptom was the inability to get the secondary metering rich enough. To solve the lean problem ,we had to add more fuel than normal to the primary side- as in removing the primary rods and installing jets in the 80-84 range,
Now, I raise the secondary air bleed tube 1/4" to get it out out of kink and get full flow potential in that area. If that doesn't work, surgery is required. The procedure starts on page 134 of Doug Roe's Rochester book with copyright date of 1986. I understand some other editions have deleted this section.