Thread: POCI Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

To Deadhead.: My comments are geared to EMPLOYEES. A car club is NOT a "customer-business relationship" Why? you are paying 35 bucks for a magazine and a forum. I pay 35 bucks or more for Classic Trains magazine/year. Part of what "makes" POCI and other clubs is its members helping each other. Alvin looks at this as a TAKE TAKE perspective .Example>> I am the customer and what I say is always right. Thats fine when you are BUYING a intake and it shows up cracked.
POCI caters to a HOBBY, they are not a "for profit" business. This will require some give and take, and some intervention and new blood from time to time.
HPP has a a ZERO Dollar R&D budget, so articles written are FUNDED by the writer....
When you ( anyone with the "take" attitude) CEASE to be a customer and you realize that youll need to "GIVE" ( a solution , or contribution) for starters , then and only then, with you be able to reap the benefits of a Club.
Part of the fun in the hobby is sharing ideas and information. A club with such a vast variety of years of cars, and people, isnt going to please everyone, all the time.
I used the "Employee" reference to illustrate that Everyone is part of it and NOT a customer
A good attitude goes a long ways towards getting people to listen. As I said earlier people get more stubborn and set in their ways with age, but that can be worked with and around.
Just an FYI to all, I am SURE this Forum isnt free to Chris and NO "free ones" are free. Most have at least 10 "trackers" paying for your clicks on that site, and advertising.
The Mods here DONATE their time.
It seems a couple in this thread are helping the POCI membership INCREASE!!