View Single Post
Old 12-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Out of site out of mind is what got me into this situation. I set about 20 contractor bags out for the trash tomorrow. I have some furniture that I need to get rid of and then I can start going through the parts and tossing some of them.

The goal is a ‘work studio’ that gives me a heated and air conditioned area to work, drink beer, watch auctions, etc. I have a TV in my shop but there isn’t anywhere to sit down and take a break. Ideally I will have a mounted drill press, grinder and sander on a bench- possibly on wheels. I want a smooth floor that makes it easy to sweep up after any projects.

My thought is that when I need an item- say a bracket for whatever. I would like to be able to cut it out, bend it, grind the edges smooth and paint it so that it looks factory and blends in. All done in this work area. As it is now, I would be building this bracket on my work bench next to a car (or two) with very little room to move around and possibly damaging the other cars.

I have considered Craigslist, but to be honest I have been very lucky without anyone breaking into my shop. The last thing I want is local people I don’t know coming to my house and seeing what I have and where for a $20 item they may or may not buy. Sure, I could meet them somewhere but that takes even more time out of my day I’m not willing to give up.