View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blued and Painted View Post
But look at the total package. If it's got a mustang style front end and a 9 inch, mine as well be an SCJ. So who is crossing over the line?
Many years ago some Chevy racers were complaining about the 2-speed (powerglide) transmission installed in a Ford racer's Super Street Mustang. They said that is not right and it is not a Ford part.

The Racer said, "Ok I will remove my PG trans and put a 2 speed C-6 transmission in my car. All of you guys remove your Ford 9" Rear Axles from your Chevelles, Novas, and Camaros, put the 10 bolts back in and lets race. END OF DISCUSSION BY THE GM CAMP.

Racing in my mind is about finding the most durable components for the application that will allow maximum performance. Durability being based on more than one pass down the track. There is a lot of cross-pollination: basically the influence or inspiration between or among diverse elements: Examples being Ford Tunnel Port and Pontiac RA-V. 392 Chrysler Hemi and M/T Hemi.....................

Instead of "What If" (Pontiac had built a Race hemi), How about "What Do" in order to go faster and be competitive in today's racing world.
Visner's Head is a Pontiac Head (no different than if M/T did it).

Tom V.

ps The 10 Head Bolt Deal would immediately eliminate your fastest vehicle from the record book (The Rodney/Travis Tempest).

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.