Thread: POCI Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce: Perhaps the lack of response after 45 views says something about the interest in POCI. Hope not and would like to see a lot of responses. I dropped POCI membership years ago mainly because there was little going on that piqued my interest. Granted my interest is primarily focused on the challenging ordeal of getting a big car Poncho to go fast, I saw very few articles in Smoke Signals dealing with outside-the-box performance.
It would be a suggestion of mine that POCI broadened its horizons, especially if they are to attract the attention of the next generation {BTW: I received an Email recently from POCI to rejoin. I probably will if for no other reason then to support the hobby.}

I agree that the organization needs a shot of youth and disappointed to learn of your tribulations in trying to achieve this. I have a feeling that at that level of POCI leadership there are those who wish to maintain the status quo and thusly, their own positions.

I really like your idea of a collaboration with PY and would be willing to bet that PY would be willing to listen to the idea. There are probably many on this forum that have no idea or limited idea of what POCI is and what they do.

Have to run but I will be following this thread.

Thanks, Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
The Following User Says Thank You to 66bonne For This Useful Post: