View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Boost Engineer

"Back in the Saddle" tonight for a bit of time.

I had a PY Member send me a PM asking about the Tri-Power Linkage I can up with for my Holley carb set-up using the Barry Grant Holley Intake Manifold.

I will post a picture or two of the way Ford did their Tri-Power Linkage, I will post up a Holley Set-up copying the Pontiac Tri-Power linkage, and I will post up a Pic of other linkage ideas.

This might take 3 posts by the time I post up the pictures and explain each set-up.

So here we go:

So the first picture shows a Pontiac Factory Tri-Power Linkage that connects the two end carbs (that most are well aware of).
The second picture shows a Ford Factory Tri-Power Linkage with the difference being ALL of the carb linkage is on one side of the carburetors. You have a center carb lever and you have end carb levers clearly shown in the picture.

TWO OF THE THREE PICTURES BEING FORD CARB LINKAGE BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE IN THE CENTER CARBS LEVER.

The middle picture shows the curved center lever and the third picture shows the "upside down" "L" linkage arm.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GaryForemansTripower-2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	476530   Click image for larger version

Name:	GaryForemansTripower-3.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	476531   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-2BBL-Carb Linkage-1.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	476532  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 02-24-2018 at 11:25 PM.