View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Boost Engineer

Today I am posting an article written by a Magazine guy who does a lot better job on this carb article vs the previous article I posted.
(The one comparing his article vs the Racing Junk writers article).

New article:
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-...-basics-guide/

I posted this article for three reasons:

1) The 1st and 2nd pics in the article show the expanded section of the main boosters at the bottom of the boosters. This tells me right off the picture is of a 750 Dominator carb with boosters that restrict the air flow thru the carb.
Remove those boosters and install new Dominator normal annular boosters and you have a 1050 cfm carb that just need to be recalibrated. Worth looking for those carbs at swap meets.

The third picture shows a internal brass emulsion tube that is inserted into the metering block to provide additional emulsion of the fuel to the carb. Mostly used in older Holley production carbs. The newer carbs removed that feature.

If I tried to explain that part without the picture provided it would be a very touch task.
'A Picture is worth 1000 Words" they say. Quote from Article: Unless you already know all about Holley metering idiosyncrasies, these emulsion circuits should be left to professional tuners. Just so you know, the basic function follows that increasing the size of these emulsion holes will reduce fuel flow and lean out the overall fuel curve."

Have a great day.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.