View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
For all those that think 4 hole adapters to Q jet intakes "kill flow" personal at track experience. San Antonio track my 455 with E heads small roller had a 72 HO intake and a Brad Urban 73 SR SD Q jet 800cfm that ran good to keep the Shaker until I modified an extra base to clear the Holley/Demon bowls(front a BFH rear esp Holley I grafted a piece off a cheap drop base air cleaner). So at the track swapped an adapter and an 850 DP Demon out of the box the idle was right on and it picked up 0.2 seconds an 3 mph. So I guess it did not hurt flow that much. Eventually swapped on a Torker II that picked it up a bunch.
I do not know about "kill flow" but they can not help. I know of some on street engines and they run "OK".
If one had a dyno session using a RPM intake with a 850 DP but made a pull using one of those pinch down adapters and then made pulls with a std 4 hole you would get a better idea what they cost in terms of horsepower.
This is a very cool build and i was wondering if that adapter cost him the 15 HP more it should have made.
It might have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post: