View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25stevem View Post
If you just switched over to main studs without at least getting the main bore checked with a precision ground round checking rod or if not Aline honed then that’s why number 5 could be doing what your seeing.

Main studs pull on the blocks main Webb in a different way then do bolts!

Before you order up different bearings and if you still have the old rear main bolts, then I would install them and torque them up and see what might change with your bearing clearance.
During the last rebuild is when I switched to studs, it was align honed then. I don't think I have the original bolts, but that would be an interesting experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Pretty sure the OE spec for #5 is a higher number than the rest, and believe the last 2 engines I had were at 30/32, and the one Olds engine was 35, none had any issues. But I would again suggest speaking to Butler.
Good to know!

Just ran into a snag with the bearings if I need another set. I sized the clearances using King XP and the standard size are out of stock until late October. Butler sells the HP line. I'll give Butler a call after the holiday.

Sounds like the consensus across the board is to ditch the PRW rockers. That opens up the 1.5 or 1.65 question again. I'll have to see what the heads are clearanced for when I get them back.

Regarding the cam, I'm already two roller cams into this build since I upped the cubes from a 400. I'll use what I have and see how I like it. This isn't a track car, just looking for something good and torquey to cruise around with and put my foot into every now and then.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)