View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 10:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
WOW, Last post on Holley Carb information by me was July 06, 2020.
Last picture for today, here you can see the Holley "center squirter" carb on the 427 engine in Ken Miles Ford GT-40
race car. (car #1)

Tom V.
In a bit of respect and history, what a shame about Ken Miles in the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans, all because someone wants some publicity, very unfortunate.
Then to loose his life and never get another shot. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick, sometimes you don't even get a stick.

On a better note, glad your back from vacation Tom, been missing school and could always use some education. Love the 780's but never seen one of those.

I always thought 780's were awesome carbs right out of the box, and my go to carb for Pontiac and Olds 400's, always worked very well for me.

Question is, how many revisions or versions of the 780 has there been, not including factory equipment units, just over the counter type?

Please try to be explicit as to what point it was they turned to chit, i.e. the higher IFR location and move from Zinc metering blocks to the Aluminum stuff.

I imagine this info could be useful to myself and others as it most likely pertains to most historical era Holley's as apposed to the newer type units.

Pic of metering block showing improper higher IFR location, from the 12-26-2017, 09:10 AM post in this thread.

Zinc to Aluminum material info from this thread https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...d.php?t=849490.

As Always, Much Thanks!

Frank