View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 06:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Interesting. Was the original motor gone before the 'minor collision' or maybe tagged the wall while racing?
I don't know when or why the original motor left the car. Also don't know about the details of the "collision".

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Are there any restoration photos? That may shed some light. Is the interior all original?
Unfortunately, no photos. Some of the interior is original, some not. Seat covers are repros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I'd say that with the 4.88 gear the speedo was disconnected.
Also if the tranny is not original, the new tranny may not have the correct cable or gear for the speedo to read correctly.

Another thing is that the back of the speedo cluster may have a date.
If the date is off it could have been replaced.

It's possible that the speedo was disconnected at some point, but when I got the car it was operational. Believe it or not, I haven't checked the numbers on the tranny. I'll have to go out there and take a look tomorrow. Also, I am replacing the dash harness in the Spring so I can see what date codes it may have on the speedo.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share

Last edited by jhein; 12-06-2022 at 07:20 PM.