View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Where are you getting these round port exh manifolds that fit the pre 68 A body’s?
https://www.ramairrestoration.com/po...oversized.html

I'd like to think that eventually they might show up, but I'm not holding my breath. Going into September and beyond, we'll be drving the car less and less and eventually it will sleep for the winter. So I may chill out for a while. But if they don't show up in 2021, I'll have to assume that they are not coming. I don't like being strung along.

Dougs are out of stock now, too. But I'll bet it won't be a long lead time for replenishment.
Like I said, I'm exploring any option, including just selling the whole damn motor. Or even getting ahold of a '68 and up A-body. These are the things going through my head. That engine sitting there just kills me right now.

Say that I wanted to install a temporary floor shift until I get the column shift/header/manifold thing straightened out. How much work would it be to throw a factory or aftermarket shifter in there? I'm thinking aftermarket, because that's usually a self contained unit. Can I just cut a nice neat hole that can be welded back up later?