View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Okee Dokee, the Turbo 400 is out.

The crankshaft IS ready for a pilot bearing. I was nearly scared to look when I slid the transmission out.

I still have to a couple of little things to deal with....the linkage to the column.....the shift cable and I'll probably go ahead and run the new speedometer cable. I also want to clean the paint off of the back of the block where the bellhousing mates.

I noticed that one of the dowel pins is out further than the other. I'll have to look at that situation tomorrow.

How much is enough dowel pin? I have a Quick Time bellhousing with the separate motor (?) plate. I'm imaging that that'll require more length?

If they need replacing...what are some methods for removing them? Is something like PB Blaster any help?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	out.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	278472  

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.