View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav8427 View Post
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-results.html

Interesting read with pics from Lars.
Thanks for that link. Exactly what I was looking for without spending my own money and time. A guy who understands carburetors going through a Chinese model and reporting results and repairs. Great stuff. Exactly the results I expected when first reading about these carburetors. But all is not lost or bad here. The castings are new and can be made to work. This is just like the Chinese connecting rods from Eagle when they arrived 15 years ago. They were terrible and not usable out of the box without a complete breakdown, recut the caps, and re-hone. But they were made of decent material and could be made to work. Now Eagle stuff has improved dramatically over the years to the point where only about 10% of their stuff needs to be re-worked before use. I expect these carburetors will get better and better over the next 10 years as hundreds of buyers complain about poor idle, super rich running and other driveability issues. In about 10 more years, they may have a viable option for the ever dwindling supply of good original cores.