Thread: Clutch fork
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think I've ever had witness marks like that on any throw out bearing. Hmmm.. What are you using for a return spring, and how strong is it? Also wondering about you adjustment rod that sits in the clutch fork. Is it a stock one? Also, try to minimize grease on the bearing. There is a channel inside the bearing that holds grease for sliding on the input shaft and a tiny dab on the points when the clutch fork pivots. Reason is the bearing spinning will fling excessive grease all over.
There is also 2 divots on these throw out bearings that prevent the throw out bearings from spinning when installed into the clutch fork. I'm thinking those divots on your throw out bearing are just that.
Check out this video, You can see the bump out on the bearing that I'm referring too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owcUNZmP8zI good video. He talks about the clutch fork worn out where it contact the throw out bearing.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.

Last edited by chuckies76ta; 06-03-2023 at 07:43 AM.