View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 11:57 PM

Well thanks Tom V,S. Will try to find end correct end carbs. Is there an outlet I can obtain Dashman adaptors? ... Just looked on Ebay and found Fitech adaptors to Rochester pad as well as ?? holley 2300 or 4412 to Rochester pad, pretty much same price. Will have to reread this thread several times to see if I can glean what Holley models might work best. I might change to them if I cant make what I have work. I am not afraid to try a "bastardized" mix. Applications are not my everyday transport.

Sorry I misunderstood about your 66 manifold recommendation, seeing what I wanted to see after viewing Tripower CD several times and noting rather simple connection between center and end carbs I guess. Seeing that there were slightly different cfm carbs used in various positions through the years I am not sure how critical exactly correct carb mix would be, would think if they open similarly, with similar cfm there would be similar results. Maybe this is many peoples thought process. Maybe it absolutely matters. Wish I had a list of all original carbs, their circuits if any change and cfm and how to ID them. As well as aftermarkets that have been successfully used. Going to check my 2gc as they may be marked under choke valve as to bore size(cfm).

My sister always throws a fit when we are cooking a family dinner together as we both like to try various new dishes ... she tries the original recipe first, before trying to embellish. I like to think about what might make it better and will deviate from recipe first try. This drives her crazy, which I dont really understand Her procedure is probably better, do a "control" recipe first. then embellish .. although I have had some very good and very bad results.