View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 04:01 PM

Thanks Tom V.

I was the "carb guy" in my circle of friends back in the day, loved q-jets and rebuilt several for $ at my buddy's shop in Hooksett in addition to our race crews. Mostly using Doug Roe's book. Had good results. Am curious about multi-carb setups but believe there was an industrywide change to FI for a reason. If I spent significant money on a multi I would prefer to try to modernize and use FI. I did obtain correct Offy kits to install 4360 Holley carbs on my Offy 5499 lowrise Equaflow DQ. And I have 2 2GC's in good operating condition for the 66 factory trip manifold .. I would be raising on phenolic to cure a heat evil I saw referenced in Tripower CD. CD also showed unavoidable slop in linkage causes rear to open "slightly" before front. I was figuring at speed this might be enough to change flow pattern of intake manifold.

Thought I saw you recommending 66 factory manifold and Holley center with rochester ends a few posts back vs BG setup??

My mule is a 75 400 motor so I believe I will have to grind front cover and manifold to fit 66 trip per Wallace website .. trip intake hits later front cover. Actually trip is destined for my 66 389 which supposedly trip fits on no mod per Wallace. That car a NE clambake summer cruiser 66 Star Chief probably only needs center. Got 50 feet rubber in my mule with 2bbl 71 455 2.73 welded posi. Tho not a trip manifold.