View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 12:11 AM

Thanks Tom .. S .. I have heard people sometimes if not many just run on the center carb and have the ends for appearance due to cost etc. Might be a good way to get the center operating optimally. Find the right center carb, then connect/add front and rear later. Maybe I will do this now since I do have the appropriate Rochester center, I think. Might try grabbing a used 500cfm holley, rebuild it and compare the 2 on my mule roundy rounder. Just put blocking plates on front and rear. Get most performance from that setup then add booster carbs. Probably should do that even if obtain correct carbs.

It appears there is only one rod that goes from center to rear carb, then from rear carb to front. No choke or idle circuits. Or any other hookups. As long as carbs can bolt to manifold and fit fuel lines not sure it matters alot what ends are as long as linkage can open and close them.

The tripower has 6 squirts vs 2 or 4 . Squirts can be tailored with acc pump. Would consider ends mechanical secondaries(thinking 4bbl) with no air valve or vacuum break but do have squirts ... probably not too smooth once opened if not full throttle.

If I had correct carbs I would try .. but sets I have seen 1000-1500$ Almost as much as a FI setup. Less but similar dilemma to 4barrels on my DQ.

PS Not sure about NA CFM flow through tripower intake .. probably less than good 4 bbl, lower velocity larger total plenum? multiple fuel entrys less effective mixing? Have seen people say they ported and achieved gains.

Last edited by keith646671; 12-09-2021 at 12:17 AM. Reason: ps