View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 09:47 PM

Got the PontiacTripower CD and reviewed several times. I would be fine with all Rochester setup that CD covers, but am a little confused as to how to go about it most economically as Im not sure I have compatible carbs. I have 2 2gc carbs, no 2g and a 66 manifold. I see 66 linkage setups are readily available but believe they are for the exact carbs rather than a cobble together setup. Was thinking setup was 1 2g and 2 2gc before I watched CD. Appears now the factory setup is 2 2g and 1 choke stove style 2gc. for 66 manifold. Further the 2g carbs are special tri-power 2g's. No idle circuit, power circuit block off, different air horn fuel inlet?? Different cfm/bore size. Not sure how to go about finding the right carbs for my initial stab at tri-power. Would like to cannibalize the 2 2gc's I have so I only have to buy one carb. If bore size varies would like to be able to change position to get best mix since rear carb hits first. Anybody here successfully modify 3 2gc to work in tri-power setup? Is there a list of carbs that will work with tripower? possibly correct factory + known alternates that WILL work if modified? .. with attributes for identification + as needed modifications and cfm?