View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 10:41 AM

Am actually doing a DQ setup right now for a street strip using 5499 Offy low rise and their correct adaptor kits for Holley 4365 mini q-jets rated at 450cfm ea .. expecting best case massive toe tap power but dead somewhere after 5000 rpm, actually curious where they will drop out on 444 ci with mild gears in my 71 formula.

Have been researching tripower for my 64 gto as well and was interested at making an experimental stab with a 66 factory manifold and two Rochester 2GCs on the ends and ??? in the middle. The 2 rochester I have .. one was off a very good running 455 2bbl, the other still vacuum packed rebuild duplicate still in box.

I have a mule Cutlass roundy-rounder with a 75 400 Pontiac Id like to debug both setups in and was wondering if someone could help me gather best choice parts for both and get them going. Dont have linkage for either, have correct Offy adaptors fo DQ carbs, wondering if trip carbs should/could be raised. Just ordered CD from PontiacTripower hoping to do alittle info gathering. Had seen and was considering the BG Trips setup at Butler sometime ago when carb, now there is a FI trip setup .. pretty pricey wondering if anyone here has tried .. I am scraping together both these setups on a budget thinking if I make real usable transportation out of either car I might switch to FI after carb.