View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pablo, if one is going to spend the time AND funds that I did, to upgrade our engine and make MORE power, I'm going to go to go into the lobe catalogs and pick the very best of them!

Incidentally, KRE has also tested a slightly larger HR cam than we used, with this same combination, and it made slightly LESS power. So much for dyno simulations?

Looking back on all of this, I think that the 231/240/113 cam was near perfect for this combination of parts...when it comes to making the needed power in the rpm range we run the engine in.

The 240/248/112 cam was a "dud", so instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, we picked a hydraulic roller grind based on the Crower RAIV clone cam we had been running.

As expected, we "inflated" the broad power curve that we enjoyed with the old cam, making more power at every rpm. Note that we DID NOT extend the rpm range with the new cam, it actually peaked at 5400rpm's, 200 rpm short of where the Crower 60919 cam quit.

As stated before, our HR cam's only similiarity to the old flat hydraulic cam are the .050" numbers and LSA, it does everything better at every point from there.....Cliff