View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
Take this with a grain of salt so to speak. That is not enough holes or open area in my opinion. Those holes will be full of oil draining back from the heads. Make sense why your issue starts happening at 3000 rpm. The oil pump will be putting out it's full pressure or close to it, and lots of oil flow to the engine. I do not like what is done to the valley area. Why does it look so dirty?

Why do you need a brace anyway, for what your doing? We made close to 600hp 600 torque with no brace. Ran like that for years no issues. We had another engine with 550 hp no issues. Sorry to sound so critical. I would almost invest in another block and start fresh.
As there are many ways to skin a cat there are more ways to make 600 hp. I believe it's important to disconnect horsepower and torque numbers from the discussion about using lifter valley bracing. It is more important to discuss the need for bracing in terms of camshaft lobe design.

One test you may want to look into is doing a pressure test using a differential pressure guage. Remove the dipstick and put one leg of the guage on the tube and the other end in the valley pan. Run the engine and read the difference in pressure between the pan and valley. You could use two guages for this if you confirm the guages are calibrated and are reading the same across their range.

Once you have some data it is easier to make the correct decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to VCho455 For This Useful Post: