View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 65 Camber adjustment

I got into a good discussion with an old timer that still runs a repair shop in rural MN. We were discussing alignments on these old cars. He was just across the street from a Pontiac dealership back in the day and was one of few people with a decent frame rack back in the day. He was saying that he remembers having to pull the upper control arm mounting areas inward so that he could get the camber adjusted correctly w/out having a ton of spacers to adjust them. He said that this was back in the mid 60s and was having the dealership sending him work to get them adjusted correctly.

Looking at my tear down pics, the old frame had 4 1/8" spacers and the replacement had 3 1/8" spacers in them and I do not know if it was aligned correctly on either of them or not.

Have any of you heard of this? If so, what would be the correct spacing between the upper control arms? I have the engine and trans in the car now, but would be very easy to take it back out and adjust the frame a little to make it easier to adjust the camber if needed.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP