View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Amazing how much I agree with HIS.

I know of two IAI splayed cap blocks with similar main saddle separation.

-Rob

WWW.ICTCengines.com
Would one of those blocks be the one that was in Mellott's car when he ripped all 5 mains out of it at Atco a coupla' years back? Have you ever considered that the reason in Mellott's case they were ripped out was because of the alky tuneup? Lean 'em out hard enough and that's what happens.

KRE had a 110 pump for sale on EBAY last year when I was thinking about buying a spare as a backup for the funny car. When I asked if they had any flow sheets for it, when it was last flowed, and what it actually flowed, their answer was "we don't have a flow sheet but this pump was pulled from a running combo". The bidding got up over $200...too much for a used 110 pump with no flow figures.

If there's one thing I've learned about running a blown alky combo, it's that you KNOW what your pump flows. You can't tune it based on what the advertised flow is (which is apparently what KRE and Mellott were doing with their cars). That's a sure fire way to lean it out hard and break parts...which they have, many times.