View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 05:34 PM
Senior Chief

I own a '64 GP and I have looked a lot into this issue. There's only two routes for our cars of this era.

You buy a new, replica harness from M&H (or a company like it) but you have to reuse your fuse block. Cross your fingers that the original fuse block is in good enough shape to be reused.

Or you get a generic harness from American Autowire, Painless, etc. for a GM car or hot rod harness and you wire the car yourself.

Both options aren't great and have pros and cons. I'm going the American Autowire route because I don't want to reuse my original fuse block (not sure it's in good enough shape anyway) and I want the safety and flexibility of a new fuse block with modern micro blade fuses. Also working with the American Autowire harness is quite a bit less expensive than buying every part of the factory harness from M&H.

It would be awesome if a company like American Autowire or Painless made a harness for our cars like they do for the first and second gen Camaros, etc. and more popular cars, but we're Darksiders, remember?

The Following User Says Thank You to AZ64GP For This Useful Post: