Thread: Demon's Demise
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation Demon's Demise

I've allway's wondered why Demon's don't seem to respond to tuning as well as Holley's and I think I've found the answer....

I've Seen many post like this about Barry Grant's Demon Carbs having severe qualitly issues and I alway's used to recomend to people on the board as I own two models myself and had no real issues besides a missing needle under a squiter.

No more! I recomended a Mighty Demon 825 to one member as I have one myself and it's worked great as it's the biggest of the small carbs but over the course of last summer he went thru no less than three 825's and they all had qualitly issues and BG would not stand behind there product!

Number three was sent to me from it's owner for it's qualitly issues as it was stumbling & backfiring.....a brand new $500. dollar carb!

First thing I noticed was a gap between the boosters and the mainbody because the boosters were not swedged aginst the mainbody in there nest where they belong.

Taking it apart both CNC machined billet metering blocks had burrs at the ends of the emulsion track cutting thru the gasket and allowing fuel to travel outside the track and to other areas.

The six emulsion holes per block that were supposed to be .031" diameter appears to been drilled with a dull drill that wobbled off center and measures .035" each.

Piss poor machining & quality Barry Grant and that's comming from a machinist!

Holley carb's do have cast blocks and although they don't look as flashy as Demons there quality and dimentions are right as advertised resulting in a unit that responds to tuning properly......

Has anyone seen this as well?