View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I came across this a week ago. when I saw the first video I thought he was just a misguided dude looking for some lawn art. or hoping to just score a decent frame and possible limited slip rear end for the $200 he paid for it. then I watched through all the videos which took me from "he CAN'T be serious", to WTF....to.....figuring out he's not actually serious about it being any kind of restoration, but more of a purposeful "red neck git 'er done" kind of joke that actually results in a car that moves under it's own power.

between cutting the bottom of the core support off, then screwing a rear valence panel through 2x4 wooden spacers to "fix" it, to sledge hammering a chevy pick up hood into the back to make a trunk floor......it's just something fun to do on these cars for once rather than a standard resto approach. He's actually got some other pontiacs done "the right way". a couple of 70 lemans' so he's just playing around for the sake of proving it could drive again.

Best thing I saw on the whole series is that console "restoration"! it's worth laughing at if you've got some time. I've got youtube on my tv I skate through at night and last night he had a live webcast Q&A going on. 95 whole watchers on it when I turned it on and lots of concerned viewers wanting to know if he planned on getting glass back in the car. if you care, his answer was windshield only as it's going to be a "summer car"!!