View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 08:56 PM

I have some more reading to do here on tri-power. Found reference info detailed in another thread. Obvious to me others here know far more than I about trips and can be helpful to me.. I did see ends have thicker throttle blades contoured differently and had sealing process to improve idle detailed on CD I bought.. Printed out some of Tom V details on 66 tripower and tried to get Dick B info but could not print legible copies from thumbnails. Think I have wrong version of Adobe for pdf or something. Trying to get to a point where I can select center carbs to try that will work in a final setup, debug and compare with blocked off ends. Thinking I have a good single 2GC, maybe just grab a rebuildable Holley core and adaptor, rebuild and compare to Rochester. This is my step one.

?? Will 2gc float bowl and air horn fit a 2g tripower throttle body? Would just as soon start with rebuilt correct throttle bodies. Did this when I could with good results doing Q-jets. The Holley Street Avenger carb is not much more than a rebuilt throttle body tho possibly not workable in setup. Research I guess.

?? Thinking for mainly street application might be better for smaller of cfm ends choices for more smoothness once engaged before WOT. Just a guess.