View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I prefer the energy suspension sway bar bushings, they are impregnated with graphite, or used to be, think they still are. There is a groove in them too, that lines up with the grease fitting.

I'm still thinking it's the sway bar, but report back when done.

just an FYI: energy brand bushings are not impregnated with graphite & never were as far as i knew for the last 25+ years. the graphite poly bushings were i think the PST brand that used to be advertised on the back of every hot rod or other car magazine, not sure if they are still around though.

energy makes sway bar bushings that can have extra grease added, the OPs are greasable based on the pic with the zerks & if greased properly should not be making the noise.

FWIW, i have the non greasable energy sway bar bushings in 3 different cars ranging from 5-12 years old & none of them squeak in any temps, they all have poly end links too. the control arm bushings however do squeak a little in the car they have been in for 12 years, i lubed them right with the supplied thick silicone grease but after about 7-8 years they do make a slight squeak when bouncing the nose like the OP did in his video but nowhere near as pronounced & loud. a light spray of silicone on them each season keeps them quiet but i will remove them someday & relube them again.

just wanted to mention that not all poly sway bar bushings squeak & the area they ride should never be painted, im sure that will contribute to squeaks.

OP, could the rubber you mentioned on the bottom of the springs be causing the noise? maybe they are rubbing or binding on the spring or CA somehwere? sounds like you greased everything well enough & installed them all the right way that they should not be making the noise. it sounds like a rubber to metal squeak coming from somewhere. let us know what you find under the car.