View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

sounds like control arm bushings squeaking. before pulling the springs loosen the bolts for the upper & lower CA bushings & see if the sound goes away or changes. also put the front tires up on sturdy/safe car ramps or jack stands under the lower arms if you dont have ramps & lay under it & have someone bounce the nose like in your video & listen for where the sound is coming from, with that loud of a noise you should be able to pinpoint where its coming from.

you mentioned you couldnt get a torque wrench on some bolts, good chance they arent tight enough & is allowing something to move that shouldnt & thats causing the squeak. the best way to tighten CA bushings with the weight of the car on them is to use ramps, that gives you clearance to swing a torque wrench on the lower bushings. if the top ones dont have access try some long extensions to get the torque wrench up & away from other parts.

the rubber insulators go on top the springs for sure & if the car sits too low they make extra thick top rubber spacers or tape 2 together, they also make universal rubber spacers for the bottom of the springs to raise the nose a little.

hope you can locate it, i had some squeaky poly bushings on one car that drove me nuts, i removed & replaced with rubber just a couple months ago, nice & quiet ride now.