View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 11:23 AM
Boost Engineer

YOU DO NOT NEED SUCTION TO HAVE FUEL FLOW STAN/ETC.

Vented for "some" enthusiasts means air in or air out.
As fuel will not flow without atmospheric pressure on the upper-side of the fuel supply
in the tank, the atmospheric pressure is what moves the fuel to a new location:
(On the ground if a hole in the bottom of the fuel storage container, be it a gas can, fuel cell, etc.)

Fuel will also flow to a carb even if there is no fuel pump in the fuel system.
I posted about this years ago when a fellow employee at my work had a fuel line fail before the mechanical fuel pump. Here it is again for newer members or old guys
who can't remember stuff.

My friend needed to get home, It was midnight, and he could get the fuel system repaired in daylight the next day at a local shop.

So we filled a 5 gallon fuel "Jerry Can" with fuel after welding a fuel nipple at the bottom of the 5 gallon "Jerry Can".

We taped the can to the roof of his car and ran a hose to the carb bowl fuel inlet nipple.
Now we had a Model A/Model T Ford fuel system. GRAVITY FEED TO THE CARB.
It worked great because he was driving at midnight and on country blacktop roads with the emergency flashers going. So that proved you did not need a fuel pump at all if the fuel requirement to the engine (per minute) was low. It WORKED GREAT!!

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 03-22-2023 at 11:29 AM.