View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

First of all, are we sure it has the 4 bolt caps? That’s the biggest question in my mind. SR blocks are the easiest to fake. Real simple to grind the original casting number down on a 72 SR block and claim it’s a IV OR III replacement.

9799914 and 9799915 blocks used the same main caps. They also used unique hardware. I’d wanna see the bolts AND the casting number on the FRONT cap as people all the time swap the 4 bolt caps out but few know that the front is also different. If and ONLY IF all that is correct for a ram air block then maybe the value is there. Most IV owners will rather have a correctly coded original block for their car over a SR block. Because SR blocks are so easily faked many tend to shy away from em for that very reason. It’s kind of a last option. What are they gonna do, claim their original block was destroyed and replaced under warranty? If so they might as well restamp a block and claim its original. A BS story is a BS story. In my opinion if the block is probably 1500-2k. Standard bore 4 bolt blocks should bring 2k to someone wanting to build a high HP motor. It’ll cost ya 1k plus to buy Program 4 bolt mains and have em installed on a 2 bolt block. Just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTASSBIRD For This Useful Post: