View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tom Vaught
"When I was a kid, many many years ago I used a Manual Choke and had a cable that attached to the 64 Choke Housing. Everything on the Farm had Manual Chokes so it was not a big deal for me to use one."

My experience with a choke is very similar to yours, so using a manual for startup just comes second nature also.

I prefer it to this day, for a few reasons, it omits unwanted components, de-clutters the carb/intake area, and gives me better control.

As I've always required a choke this brings me to the crossover, mine is heated, a wise man once said "physics do not change" better combustion = faster warm up = less wear.

Since I don't modify much, I rely on designers for systems, and engineers to ensure they work properly.

Tom Vaught
"So there is a reason why Auto Trans Pontiacs like Double Pumper Mechanical Secondary carbs and Manual Transmission Pontiacs do not do as well with Double Pumper Mechanical Secondary carbs. Enjoy."

This is very surprising, I have always had a stick car and never used mechanical secondary's, but not because I was privy to this information.

Is this just for street applications or is it because there is a converter in the equation?

Again, Much Thanks!

Frank