View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

GT,
This happened while on the clock. I work for the local school in my town, El Reno, Oklahoma. Route 66 goes through town. I had just turned off of 66 onto Country Club Road. Was in inside lane of Country Club, waiting for traffic to clear ( ONLY 3 small city blocks. Mind you).

I see a flash in my rear view mirror, it was an older Dodge Durango, looked to be doing at least 60 MPH, it hit me square in the back. So in the approximate length of a football field, the other vehicle had to be close to full throttle!!! I have been an automotive enthusiast all my life. Especially drag racing. My estimation of the other vehicles closing couldn't be far off.

I did not know that air bags do not deploy in a rear end collision?

The other driver was a 32 year old woman, she was taken away in an ambulance, I know nothing about her situation, other than she had the minimum insurance.

Since this happen on the clock, it is a workmans compensation situation. I am doing better every day. My plans are to be back at work, some time in the future, repairing school buses.

It's a miracle that everything worked out so well, Thank You, Lord!!

There were likely only 3 possible scenarios possible in my wreck with the C6 and T6 vertebrae being fractured.
1. My current blessed state of being.
2. My cerebral cord could have been affected. And I could have been a vegetable.

3. I could have died in that suburban, or in the ambulance...

YES, I have an attorney looking after me, RIGHT NOW!!!
This kind of work is his specialty. Our first phone conversation was about all the places (insurance and whatever else) that had $$$ in it that I can have access to!!! I feel good about him working for me!!!

Tom,
The Surburban is/was a 2020 model. I'd post a picture of it, but I have a new phone. That I have not yet conquered yet!!! I obviously have a picture in my phone, and cannot believe how damage the suburban received...
I was wondering if the suburban has telemetry built into it possibly tell how was the other vehicle hit me??? Knowing that information may not do anything for me. I wonder how the info could impact the there party, though???

Thanks again, All
Jeff Bolton

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post: