View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ok heres what i have

the bracket welds to the center of the frame side to side..the upright of the bracket is in the center, not the edge of the flat that goes on the frame

the location in length is from the center of the bolt that holds the brake valve to the center of the bracket/slot that holds the z-bar is 5 inches dead on

heres the real spring and it broke taking it off..and the piece is in the frame and cant get to it, i remember them having the big hook on both ends, and it goes forward to the core support..not to the back of the car...many people mistake the direction,,,it was longer on the end that goes to the front of the car..in other words it looks like the made up one below..its missing one whole coil now...

and this one is off my other car, and i can tell its made up..ive had 4 or 5 real ones and this is an over the counter spring prob from a parts store or hardware store its not very strong compared to the real one, but works perfect its 5/8 od

side by side..the coils are the same length..i think with pics a guy could make up a spring...i will get a mic and figure out the wire size on the real spring

bummer it broke..now i need to source 3 for my cars...i have some springs new somewhere i will dig them up and compare and post comparisons

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Last edited by marxjunk; 12-21-2015 at 11:12 PM.